|Level 1: Get Connected
(Easy & Painless)
Probably the easiest way to get involved with Avivara is to make sure that you are keeping up with all of its activities. That can be done in several ways:
- Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter, The Blackboard (and be sure to open it when it arrives in your email.)
- Follow (Like) us on Facebook
- Share our story with your friends, family and co-workers through social media.
- Here's a really easy one, and well suited for couch potatoes. We encourage you to
sign up with GoodSearch, and identify Avivara as the charity you
would like to support. For every internet search done through
GoodSearch, Avivara earns a penny. For every online purchase made
through GoodSearch with a cooperating merchant (such as Amazon, Barnes
& Noble, Land's End, and many, many others), Avivara will receive a
percentage of the sale.
|Level 2: Become a Donor
(Harder, but will actually make you a happier person; research has proven it.)
Our programs are supported primarily by the goodwill and generosity of our individual donors. We can only provide teaching materials, student supplies and scholarships to the extent that people like you are willing to support us financially. To get involved at this level, please visit our Donate to Avivara page to find out more on how to:
- Make a donation by check
- Make an online donation
- Set up a recurring monthly donation, either online or through the billpay services offered by your bank.
|Level 3: Become a Committed Volunteer
(Was I hearing things, or did the word "flee" just escape your lips?)
As the old saying goes, "In terms of breakfast, the hen was involved. The pig, on the other hand, was committed!" And yes, being involved at this level will require some work and a willingness to be an ambassador for the organization. But, the founders of Avivara won't be around forever, and if Avivara is to remain a sustainable project in Guatemala, it must develop a core group of volunteers who are willing to engage in some of our most important organizational tasks. Here are several ways that you could be of great help to us:
- Write a review of Avivara on the Great NonProfits website.
- Be willing to work on our major fund-raising events. (Just keep watching the newsletter for how you might get involved with these types of projects.)
- Help organize a staff presentation at your school, community organization, church, etc.
- Host a gathering in your home where one of our staff can make a presentation.
- Consider being a member of our Board of Directors.
- Organize a LIFE (Legendary Independent Fun[d]raising Event). These are easy to organize (We help) and a great way to have fun and get to know people in your community. So, Get a LIFE!